Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Almost 2 year old

Rachel is starting to act 2 years old. She held a screaming fit Sunday when I put her down for a nap, and I totally lost it with her. By the time church was supposed to start, she had been screaming on and off for a good hour and a 1/2 and my patience was gone. I called Sam in tears and he RAN home in the 95+ degree weather to come take care of me. That's how awesome my husband is. He asked the Elders Quorum president to sit on the stand with bishop and he came home to be my husband. The only plus side to this whole story (if it could be called that) was that Rachel threw her screaming tantrum again Monday night. I didn't feel so bad about having a meltdown after that. Sam was pretty surprised, especially when she suddenly turned off the tears and fell asleep when she realized we weren't coming in her room anymore. Tough love. It's hard to listen to your child scream, and even harder to know that they are only doing it to get what they want and that everything really is okay. I'm sure this is only the beginning.

No comments: