Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Utah Draper Temple Open House

Photobucket

We didn't actually go to the open house today (that will be next week), but I was invited to help play music at the Stake Center next to the temple. After visitors tour the temple, they are invited to the Stake Center to have light refreshments, view some displays and even talk to the missionaries if they have questions. To help create a nice, spiritual atmosphere, stakes all over the valley were asked to provide volunteers to play background music.

My parents live in Sandy and my family is rather musically inclined, so my mom volunteered for a 2 hour time slot. My sister came up from SUU with a very dedicated friend, and along with my brother and I we played. It was great. My mom also plays the violin, so I accompanied those pieces (violin & oboe, violin & flute duets) and also did some soloing. It was fun!

Photobucket

1/125, f/3.5 (not enough, Chels is out of focus), ISO 5000 {I LOVE my camera!}
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sarah and Wes said...

These pictures are beautiful!! I can't wait to go to the open house in couple of weeks!