Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My little Caregiver

So I've been pretty sick this whole week. The kind of sick where you are achy, headache, throat hurts, got the chills, and pretty much just don't feel like doing anything. Last night after dinner, I went into our bedroom to lie down and see if that would help me feel any better. I brought my book, propped myself up on pillows and commenced reading. Rachel wanders in and decides she wants to read books to. She collects her stories, blanket, and pillow and climbs up on the bed with me. We remain that way for a good 20 minutes (which when Rachel is involved is a pretty impressive amount of time).

After I decide lying around is not helping me feel any better, I turn off the light and snuggle under the covers to try and get some sleep. After being very annoyed for a minute ("mommy all done sleeping!"), Rachel goes to her room, collects kiki, floppy, cow, her musical zebra and a few toys (her sleeping entourage as we like to call them), tucks them all around me, gives me kisses and hugs, turns on the zebra, says "night, night mommy" and quietly leaves the room and closes the door. How cutes is that? It seriously made me want to cry. Whoever knew a 2 year old could be so perceptive, loving, and just what the doctor ordered?

4 comments:

Gooch Family said...

That's awesome!

Lauren said...

Adorable!! You and Sam have done a great job raising her. I hope you feel better soon.

Janssen said...

What a doll - you should keep her, I think. Or, with skills like that, you could probably rent her out.

Kristy said...

that is way cute. Knowing me, I would have parted with a few tears. I love little girls.