At least I think it was me. There's a lot of Jess and Jessica's in blogger-land. As I've never posted a tag before, I thought I might as well. Here's 7 fun things about me:
- I am obsessed with all things pumpkin flavored. I crave it. I was so disappointed the other day when Sam went to go get some Dryer's Slow Churned Pumpkin ice cream (which, IMHO, is the absolute best pumpkin flavored ice cream I've ever tasted) from the grocery store and it was no where to be found. I love pumpkin bread (especially from Great Harvest), pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin custard from Coney's, pumpkin oreo shakes from the Malt Shoppe, pumpkin roll, and pumpkin pie. I think this obsession is one reason I love the Fall and Christmas seasons.
- I used to be a ballerina. I kid you not. I took dance from about age 5 until I was in 8th grade when I decided I was too tall, big boned (read "fat" in the mind of an 8th grader), and no good. But, I did tap, ballet, jazz, pointe, hip hop. You name it. Luckily I wised up and starting playing volleyball instead. I still love watching dancers though. Makes me nostalgic.
- The problem with playing volleyball while being a once-upon-a-time ballerina is that I play(ed) like a dancer. How that is possible, I am still not sure. But everyone said so. I even got the "graceful butterfly" award at the end of the season dinner/party/ceremony/thing.
- I speak geek. Well, more accurately I listen geek. Comes with the territory of being married to one I suppose. You would be surprised and how easily I could carry a conversation about JAVA, EC Enterprise, the Kindle, Amazon Web Services, etc., with someone who knows what they are talking about. And by "carry" a conversation, I mostly mean nod my head and smile and ask an intelligent question every once in awhile as my eyes glaze over and my mind drifts to the laundry still in the dryer after 3 days.
- I love mountain biking. More than mountain biking, I love racing downhill on a mountain bike. It's seriously a rush. I worked out Outdoors Unlimited at BYU my entire college "career" (I guess you could call it) and when I first started, all the bike mechanics were serious downhillers. They talked me into my first bike, a Diamondback Reactor Duel (or Reactor "Poo". Don't ask.) The thing seriously weighs like 900 lbs, has fatty tires, a cushy front shock, and is lovingly called "the pig". They guys at OU took me down the west face of Squaw Peak for my inaugural mountain bike ride and I've been in love ever since. Sam has trouble keeping up sometimes.
- On the flip side. I suck wind trying to ride uphill. I feel like my lungs are going to explode, my legs ache, and I have to stop every 50 feet to catch my breath. Such is life. I'd rather get dropped at the top and ride down than foot it up a hill.
- My favorite television shows are Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. I love, love them. My dad got me hooked back when I was first starting college (end of high school? Everything pre-marriage kind of blurs together now), because he upgraded from Star Trek. Yes. I grew up on Star Trek. All of them. When Sam and I were dating, it was a requirement that he not only watch episodes of Stargate with me (as my dad had all the DVD's) but that he also like them. Wish granted. He's as hooked as I am.