Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tile Boards...my nemisis

We had our Relief Society Super Saturday enrichment a few weeks ago and one of the projects we could choose was tile boards. You know... the project where you cut up a picture, glue it onto the tile board, and then voila! Instant, beautiful, art creation for your living room wall. Not so much... let's just say that my first attempt was a total flop. They got dusty (stuck into the glue you pour over to seal it), wasn't very smooth, lots of bubbles, plus I also got paper towel stuck to them when I tried to stack and then transport them home (stupid, I know). Anyway, because they were Christmas presents I decided to try again. This time I was totally prepped, everything went smoothly and 2/3 turned out great. The last one...well, it hasn't dried yet and I don't think it will. Oh well. Apparently my craftiness needs to stay confined to scrapbooking. Anyway, so now I'm trying to decide if I'm keeping the last good one or not. Such selfishness. I guess I just want to have something to show for all my pain and frustration. Or, Sam said I could just try again....muuuuhahhahaha!


2 comments:

Lauren said...

I loved your tile boards! I did a few tile boards 4 nights ago now... and they're all bubbly and still haven't dried. However, the batch I did the night after that dried within 24 hours and are perfectly smooth. And I wanted to take them in the car with us to Oregon tomorrow... :-(

Sabrina said...

My tile boards didn't dry either. It's been a week and a half. They are getting pretty gross. I definitely shouldn't try any somewhat advanced crafting...ever.