Monday, March 31, 2008

New Year's Resolution: Revisited

As some of you know, I set some goals for myself at the beginning of the year. Since I've reached the deadline for one of those I thought I'd make myself accountable and give you an idea of how things are going so far this year.

1) I've been testing my lighting equipment. A lot. Trying different settings, one light vs. two. Lots of different backdrops. I think we're even going to make a wood floor (it's going to be awesome) in the coming months. I'm getting better at seeing the "bigger picture". I know what I want the picture to end up like. Sam sometimes looks at my SOOC (straight out of camera) pics and thinks "aggh. She totally messed that one up" but then after the PP (post-processing) they look awesome. It's all about having a vision. I'm also much better at Photoshop. My workflow is definitely more...streamlined. Cuts back on extra work. I like it.

2) My workshop date is August 8-10. I'm registered. It's seriously been the best thing ever. Remember the forum I'm addicted to? Wow. I can't even begin to explain how much I've learned about business, photography, lenses, working with clients, etc.

3) I had my first engagement shoot awhile back. I have a wedding booked for June (including engagements & bridals). Wahooo!! I'm hoping to pick up another couple of weddings to help pay for the new lens we're thinking we "need". :) Anyone interested?

4) Uhhh... still in progress. We are going to Seattle to interview with Amazon as well. We'll see how that goes.

5) We now read our scriptures (almost) every morning with breakfast. It's been so great.

6) I weighed in this morning at 179. So that would be 12lbs lost instead of 15. I'm close. I'm going for losing another 10 in the next three months. June 30th. Going for 169lbs. Oh baby.

3 comments:

Bryan, Natalie, Maya and Little B said...

I'm so impressed at how motivated you are with two little kids. It's so easy to sit back and put your goals on hold, but you're a great mom and achieving goals! Way to go!

Gooch Family said...

Yea way to go! You are amazing!

Melissa Bell said...

You've been busy! I need to look back at my goals and see where I am. Keep up the great work!